Critical Care International recruits highly motivated medical and development professionals who wish to deploy their skills and experience in challenging and remote environments around the world.
Join a dynamic and multicultural team that aspires to the highest medical and ethical standards of remote healthcare.
What we look for
We welcome doctors, nurses, paramedics and development professionals of any age, cultural background and orientation who possess:
- Professional drive, enthusiasm, humour, maturity and self-reliance
- Moral courage
- Clarity of thought and good judgement
- Cultural sensitivity – able to establish effective relationships with stakeholders in communities, client organisations and amongst peers and co-workers
Medical professionals wishing to deploy require a minimum of:
- 3 years of post qualification experience
- Prior experience of working in remote environments
- ALS and ATLS/PHTLS qualifications or equivalent
- Fluent English with additional languages highly desirable
What we offer
- 24/7 Critical Care topside support for clinical emergencies and access to the expert advisory panel for secondary care specialist referrals
- Professional development assistance that includes regular training webinars, career guidance from experienced clinicians and access to a training budget
- Welfare package including pre-deployment security briefings, travel insurance, dedicated operations management support and comprehensive medical malpractice insurance
- Personal development challenges of project management, leading multidisciplinary teams, mentoring and autonomous clinical practice
- Delivering positive change to local healthcare systems through the design and implementation of community development projects
In 2023 we ran an essay competition for medical students, and the top three authors each won a year’s membership of the Faculty of Remote, Rural and Humanitarian Healthcare (courtesy of the FRRHH, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh), plus some prize money.
In 2024 we intend to offer a bursary scheme for medical electives.
Watch this space for details on how to apply.